Workers in nuclear facilities and other radiation environments need to monitor their exposure to potentially harmful radiation. CANBERRA offers dosimetry solutions for small operations with few employees to large installations where thousands of people need to be monitored. All solutions are based on a unique dosimeter that can store all personal data. Dosimeters can be used alone, with a single reader and database software, or with zone access readers linked to a network system.
Products in this category
DOSICARD - DOSIMAN Electronic Personal Dosimeters in Credit Card Size
Descriptionp>With its credit-card size, DOSICARD™ features thesmallest electronic dosimeter available on the market.
It is also one of the most technologically advanced. It provides real time monitoring of the personal dose and dose rate. DOSICARD is the key element within a unique operational dosimetry system that can be tailored to your specific applications. DOSICARD addresses all workers exposed to a radiological risk in nuclear facilities, research and medical centers, and the nuclear industry. Therefore, it is of outstanding performance in the ALARA strategy of minimizing received doses.
The DOSICARD badge is your radiation surveyor. It keeps you informed in real time of the radiation rate, allowing immediate reaction in case of radiation occurrence, thus drastically reducing the exposure to nuclear radiation.
DOSICARD can also be part of a system: from nuclear laboratories of a few persons to nuclear facilities of several thousand workers, Dosemanager II and CARD Systems allow easy operation, and database management for efficient operational dosimetry monitoring.
Dosicard can display either Sv or rem, selection being made by the user in Dosemanager II. Dosiman can be delivered with either Sv or rem display (factory set).
DOSICARD - Efficient and easy-to-use DOSICARD features a silicon detector, complete analog and digital circuitry, including a microcontroller with large non-volatile memory, a LCD display and audio and visual alarms. Three touch buttons allow programming and display setup of the current dose, dose rate and cumulative doses per day/month/quarter/year/five years.
Non-volatile EEPROM memory safely stores the detailed history of the daily doses, times when alarm levels have been exceeded, as well as relevant data concerning the user and the badge itself.v
- Stand-alone electronic dosimeter with LCD display, large non-volatile memory and programmable alarm levels on doses and dose rate
- Ultra thin/compact - light weight - shockproof - low cost
- Measures the X/γ dose equivalent Hp(10) according to ICRU 39
- Meets the latest regulations regarding the EMI compatibility - CE type approval
- Keystone of complete unique operational dosimetry systems
DOSICARD™ System - Dosimetry Systems Tailored for Your Application
The electronic personal dosimeter in credit card format, DOSICARD, is the key element in a unique modular dosimetry system that can be adapted to your individual needs (see DOSICARD data sheet).
The DOSICARD can be used as a stand-alone personal dosimeter, in small nuclear and medical laboratories as well as by large service companies in the nuclear sector, in nuclear research centers, accelerators and nuclear power plants.
The DoseManager System is a small system designed for an easy deployment.
The DOSICARDs can be linked via a badge reader to a PC. The DoseManager software is required to program the cards for data retrieval and for database (ACCESS) operations.
DoseManager II System
The data stored in the DOSICARD is stored in parallel in the database. From time to time the DOSICARD is read out and the measured dose values are transferred to and updated in the database. The complete dosimetric history of the card holder can be examined, analyzed and even be graphically displayed.
The data stored in each DOSICARD and the corresponding entries in the DoseManager ACCESS data base are as follows:
- Badge information: badge number, calibration date, battery change date, validity date, self test.
- Personal data of the bearer: ID number, name, company data, medical records, working authorization and validity, doses received before using the DOSICARD.
- Badge configuration data: "Permanent" mode or "Timer" mode, alarm thresholds on current, daily, monthly, or quarterly dose and doserate.
- Cumulative doses for monthly, quarterly, yearly, five years and life time, time-stamped exceedings of alarm thresholds, special events
Several badge reader can be used (one per PC) on different locations and can store dose information on the same shared database on a network (path of the databade access in one "INI" file).
- Multiple of individual DOSICARDs
- A badge reader that connects wireless via two infrared couplers and the serial link to a PC
- The Windows® based DoseManager II software allows for the simple programming of the DOSICARD with card data, personal data of the bearer and to set thresholds for alarms. It comprises a compiled ACCESS database. The access to the DoseManager software is password protected and several security levels are possible
Two operating modes for the DOSICARD are possible:
"Permanent" mode: dose measurements are made continuously.
Direct Access Level: display of integrated dose within a user selectable time interval (START-STOP), instantaneous doserate and cumulative current day dose, display of alarm thresholds and the possibility to modify them, according to badge configuration.
Password Protected Access Level: display of complete dosimetric file with cumulative doses for monthly, quarterly, yearly and five year period.
This mode corresponds perfectly well with the needs of a workforce that intervenes at different sites.
A monthly readout (quarterly readout minimum) of the acquired data is recommended for updating the database.
"Timer" mode: the DOSICARD is active only in a preprogrammed daily time interval that usually corresponds to the working hours of the bearer.
The autonomy of the DOSICARD is increased accordingly.
Direct Access Level: display of integrated dose within a user selectable time interval (START-STOP), instantaneous doserate, cumulative current day dose; display of alarm thresholds and the possibility to modify them according to badge configuration.
Password Protected Access Level: display of the complete dosimetric file with cumulative doses for a monthly, quarterly, yearly and a five year period.
DOSEMANAGER II - Keeping Track of your Dosimetry Record
Dosemanager II brings power and flexibility to CANBERRA's Dosicard Dosimeter. A typical system consists of as few as ten to as many as several hundred individual Dosicards, a badge reader (LCB) that wirelessly connects to a PC via two infrared couplers and the serial link and the Windows® -based software Dosemanager II.
Dosemanager II integrates all of the functions needed to provide a comprehensive dosimetry program, including the following:
- Personnel management
- Daily-monthly-quarterly-yearly dosimetry records
- Dose file export
- Dosicard profile setup for one worker or a group of workers
- Access control to dose records
- Dose report generation (does require Crystal Reports)
- Dose incident reporting
- Network based operations and supervision
- Comprehensive personal dose record management and setup program for Dosicard™ Electronic Dosimeters
- True Access® 2000 database format
- Network capabilities
- Crystal Reports® generation
- Easy and rapid page by page dosimeter assignment
- Secured dose history access
- Easy upgrade for Dosemanager I Data export to Microsoft® Excel
- From 6 mn sample dose up to worker's life dose
- Personnel and Object Contamination Monitors
- InVivo Systems & Software
- Survey instruments, Probes & Accessories
- Hand held Spectroscopy